Yes I’ve done it again. I’ve shown no restraint at all and before I’ve reviewed even half of what was in the last Discovery Box, I’ve ordered another one. And I’ve got another on the way! Is it too much? Nope.
The Perfume Society Summer Scentsations Discovery Box contains the following items, all in a trademark Perfume Society white box. Postage is free and my box cost me £10, which is the subscriber price.
Here’s what’s in it:
- 7ml splash bottle of Fragonard Soleil
- 1.5ml splash of Atelier Cologne Cedrat Enivrant
- 2ml spray sample of Balmain Extatic
- 2ml spray sample of Parfum Divin by Caudalie
- 2ml splash sample of Yardley London Jade
- 1.5 ml spray sample of Prada Candy Florale
- Cute little tube of L’Occitane en Provence Shea Butter Hand Cream
- 1.5ml splash sample of Vaara by Penhaligons
- 2ml splash sample of Orla Kiely EDP
- 1.2ml splash of L’Occitane en Provence La Collection de Grasse Neroli & Orchidee
- 30ml bottle of The Body Shop Smoky Rose EDT
Not bad for a tenner.
I am quietly working my way through the box, but what is emerging is that I am finding out what I don’t like as well as what I do. It’s important to establish your own taste, although I have also learned lately to never “outlaw” a note. This was a lesson taught to me by two 4160 Tuesdays scents. What Katie Did on Friday Night ( which is now known as Fruits of The Tree of Knowledge) smells of tart cherry jam , but also has cucumber and melon in it- two notes which I elaborately sidestep- but not any more. Then there was 4160 Tuesday New York 1955 from the 4160 Vintage Cities Range. I fell in love with it after sniffing a sample and now have an 18ml spray bottle. It’s only full of ice cream and vanilla and candy floss! What am I doing wearing that? Well it seduced me with a bunch of violets so I forgave everything.
The Perfume Society Discovery Boxes are excellent for learning a few new tricks and finding out those must have fragrances that you can’t live without. In every box I have favourites and turkeys, but I love the whole experience. The courier likes me because I always say “ooh lovely! I know what this is!” whenever he calls.