Happy Valentine’s Day even if you’re not celebrating it. Love doesn’t have to be romantic so I hope that you, dear reader, have someone to love and to love you in return today. Love is all you need. The Beatles were right.
Rather than focus on one fragrance today, I wanted to share my salacious wonderment at the arrival of another Discovery Box from the Perfume Society.
When I was younger, my late and much missed grandmother Nanna T, used to give me wonderful Christmas presents that consisted of a wicker basket with a hand sewn floral lining, which was then filled with goodies.
This is the 1980s we are talking about so I would get for example,: some bath pearls (remember them?), a sachet of Shaders and Toners (remember them too?), bath cubes (ditto!), and all manner of tiny treats. I loved this gift above all others and have never forgotten it.
Fast forward to 2015 and I got a similar thrill at opening my Love Scents Discovery Box from The Perfume Society. and here’s what was in it:
- A tube of Love Heart sweets,
- A spray sample of L’Amour Lalique
- A spray sample of Carven L’Eau de Toilette
- A spray sample of Dear Rose I Love My Man
- A spray sample of Van Cleef and Arpels Rose Velours No 17785QY
- A 4ml splash bottle of 4160 Tuesdays The Sexiest Scent on the Planet Ever (IMHO)
- A spray sample of Signorina Eleganza by Salvatore Ferragamo
- A spray sample of Artemisia by Penhaligons
- A 4ml splash bottle of Valentino Uomo
- A spray sample of Roads Cloud 9 Parfum
- A boxed splash bottle of L’Occitane L’Arlesienne Eau de toilette.
- A 10ml tube of L’Occitane Roses et Reines hand cream
- A spray sample of Juliette Has a Gun Lady Vengeance
There is a rose theme running throughout and I am particularly blown away by the high calibre of the samples included. Instead of focussing on one fragrance today, I shall be working my way through this delightful box bit by bit, and hotly anticipating the next one. It’s like getting a little birthday present, and speaking of which, these make perfect perfume-y gifts.
The Perfume Society Discovery Boxes cost £15 from the website. Annual subscription is £25 a year and includes the e-zine Scented Letter, access to meet ups and special perfume events throughout the country, and first dibs on Discovery Boxes, often at a discounted price for members.